Are you an exploratory sophomore? Exploratory sophomores are General Studies majors who have not declared a specific major, but are exploring their major options with the assistance of a professional academic advisor.
Are you having a stressful time adjusting to college life after your first year experience? If so, the Undergraduate Advising Center has specialized services available especially for you. We understand the challenges that many sophomores experience at the university such as pressure to decide a major, the responsibility of making many decisions on your own, and finding ways to connect to the university. The Undergraduate Advising Center cares about your success and strives to promote an environment that is conducive to meeting the needs of our students.
- Exploratory sophomores will register with the Lamar University Career Center to assist in career preparation and professional development.
- Exploratory sophomores will schedule an academic advising follow-up visit each semester after mid-terms to review course grades, career exploration progress, and to address any student concerns.
- Professional academic/career advising
- Tutoring referrals
- Self-help booklets on various topics
- Faculty referrals
- Career Center referrals
- Academic Enhancement Workshop referrals
- Time management tips
- Lamar University Student Organization information