Undergraduate Degrees in Political Science
The Department of Political Science offers the following undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science with Social Studies Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Legal Studies Minor
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science with Legal Studies Minor
- Pre-Law Program (with intern credit)
The following minimum academic standards apply to students enrolled as a major in the undergraduate programs at the Department of Political Science:
- A grade of 'C' or better in English composition courses is required.
- A grade of 'C' or better in all Political Science courses is required.
- A 2.0 grade point average in the major is required for graduation.
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 is required for graduation.
A student with a grade point deficiency of 10 or more will not be allowed to register as a Political Science major or transfer into Political Science programs.
*Lamar University reserves the right to modify degree requirements and teaching certificate requirements in keeping with legislative acts and rules established by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the State Board for Educator Certification.