Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Program Stipends
The Child Welfare Professional Development Project (CWPDP) receives federal funds (Title IV-E funds) from the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services to prepare social work students for careers in the field of child protection. In cooperation with the Title IV-E program, Lamar University currently offers three (3) stipend placements for students interested in pursuing careers in child welfare. Selected students are eligible to receive up to $5000.00 during the field placement. Upon graduation, stipend students are then under contract with TDFPS for full-time employment for a minimum of one year.
Students interested in applying for the Title IV-E Stipend positions must meet the following requirements:
- Enroll and successfully complete SOWK 4320 – Child Welfare Policy
- Complete the Title IV-E application packet
- Provide evidence that the student has completed and passed all prerequisite courses
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be a senior level social work student eligible for Field Placement
- Sign the TDFPS contract agreeing to work for the department for a designated period of time following graduation in exchange for the stipend
- Successfully complete a Criminal History Check performed by TDFPS
Questions concerning Title IV-E Stipend placements should be directed to Ginger Gummelt at email@example.com.