How to Become a Writing Consultant
Before applying for a position as a consultant in the Writing Center, prospective employees should look carefully at our website for more information.
Students interested in becoming writing consultants should prepare the following and drop off an organized packet at the Writing Center prior to emailing the director Jennifer Ravey for an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print out the Hourly Student Hiring Packet
- Prepare a resume and a letter of interest stating why you would like to be a writing consultant
- Print a copy of an essay you submitted for a grade
- Make a copy of your driver’s license, social security card
- Provide a voided check (for direct deposit)
- Print an unofficial transcript
- Provide two letters of recommendation (with at least one from a professor)
- A note with your name, contact information, availability (days/times/hours per week)
Incomplete hiring packets will not be considered.